The ector county library

The Ector County Library is now a passport application acceptance facility. Passport services are by appointment only. (NO RENEWALS FOR ADULTS)
Click Here to Schedule an Appointment

Our Hours Are

Monday- Friday 9:30am-5:30pm
Closed 12:00pm-1:00pm for lunch
Closed Saturdays and Sundays

We Are Located At

321 W 5th St
Odessa, Texas 79761
3rd Floor

Contact us

Phone: (432)803-5931, (432)803-5145

Scroll  Down  for  More  Information

What to know.

01Appointments typically last 30 - 45 minutes per person/application.
02Passport staff is fluent in both English and Spanish.
03You must apply in person if:
1.) You have never been issued a U.S. Passport.
2.) You were under the age of 16 when the previous passport was issued.
3.) Your most recent U.S. Passport was issued more than 15 years ago.
4.)Your most recent U.S. Passport was stolen or lost.
5.)Your name has changed since your previous U.S. Passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change.

What to bring.

01Completed unsigned passport form (using black ink ONLY)
02Valid photo identification (i.e. Driver's License) AND proof of U.S. citizenship.
03Your own 2"x2" color passport photo.
04A money order for the application fee (payable to the U.S. Department of State) AND a separate payment of $35.00 for the acceptance fee (payable to the Ector County Library). 

We may NOT accept credit card payments on behalf of the State Department application fee. They only accept personal checks or money orders for the application fee. Application fees can be found here County Library Acceptance fees in the amount of $35 may be paid by money order, cashiers check, and credit card.


The U.S. Department of State has everything you need to know about forms. Below is the link. Please fill out the form in BLACK ink. Any other color will not be accepted.

(Click to Enlarge)
Información en español

DS-11: Application for a US Passport're applying for the first time, you're applying for your child who is under age 16, or you don't meet the requirements to renew your passport.

DS-86: You Did Not Receive Your US Passport
...the U.S. Department of State completed and mailed your passport, but you did not receive it. Call the National Passport Information Center and the customer service representatives will walk you through this form.

DS-5504: Data Corrections, Name Changes and Limited Validity need to change or correct your passport, or you need to replace a passport that was limited to less than 10 years validity (which is the normal validity period for an adult's passport).

DS-64: Reporting Lost or Stolen lost your passport or it has been stolen. To replace a lost or stolen passport, you must apply in person and submit Form DS-11 in addition to Form DS-64.

DS-3053: Consent for Issuing to a Child parent or guardian cannot go with the child to apply in person for the child's passport. The parent or guardian should submit this special form in addition to their child's application (DS-11).

DS-5525: Special Family Circumstances parent or guardian cannot locate the other parent or guardian. The parent who is applying should submit this special form in addition to their child's application (DS-11).